Pedometer Loan Instructions for Borrowers
Please read carefully.
1. Loan Agreement – Please fill out all of the information on page one and fax it to the Centre. Once we receive it we will be in contact with you to finalize the details of your loan.
2. Only in Alberta – We only loan to organizations in Alberta.
3. Out-of-town loans – If you are not in Edmonton and cannot pick up and return the Kit in person, you will be charged the courier fees to send the kits to and fro. If you have a contract with a courier company, you can set up the delivery yourself.
If you are on the government courier system, the Centre has access to this service. It will be up to you the Borrower to check if you are on the government courier system and inform the Centre of this.
4. Loan period – The loan period will be a maximum of one month and includes the transit time. (In other words, the Kit’s due date is the date it has to be back at the Centre, not the date it was sent back by the Borrower.)
5. Refundable deposit – A refundable $100 deposit is required at the time of loan. The Centre prefers a cheque and will return the cheque uncashed once the Kit is returned.
6. Waiting list – Kits are loaned on a first-come, first-serve basis. As requests come in we add them to the queue. There is a separate queue for each Kit.
7. Late fees and missing, lost or damaged items – Because of the huge response to these Kits and the waiting list created, the Centre cannot allow Kits and their items to be handed in late without penalty.
For each day a Kit is late the Centre will bill $5.00. After a week the Centre will bill you the Borrower for
the total value of the Kit.
If you return a Kit but it is missing an item or items (e.g. a student still has a pedometer), the Centre will bill $1.00 per day for each missing item. After a week the Centre will bill you the Borrower for the total value of each missing item. If you the Borrower should lose or irreparably damage an item, the Centre
will bill you for the total value of that item.
The value of each item and kit is listed on page two of the Loan Agreement.
8. Pedometer batteries – The Centre will ensure that each pedometer in the Kits has a working battery. However, if a pedometer battery fails while on loan, you the Borrower will be responsible for replacing it if you wish to keep using the pedometer.